I am now in the position of packing snacks a lot. At home, you just grab whatever is lying around or in the fridge, but when you’re constantly on the go…you HAVE to pack snacks. Or else, if you’re like me, you find a little spot on the sidewalk and lie down because you have no strength to carry on.
You’ve probably gathered by now…I don’t like to be hungry. Actually, I hate it.
Last semester I was in the habit of throwing bars in my bag to save me from impromptu sidewalk faints, but a lot of those bars were actually high in sugar. This year, I’m intent on keeping things low glycemic and my blood sugar levels stable.
So I compiled a list of some delicious snacks that are perfect for throwing in your bag that are not only low sugar, but very low carb. Enjoy!
1. Cucumbers with 1 piece of cheese
2. 20 almonds with greek yogurt
3. Cinnamon Sugar toast: 1 piece high-fibre bread toasted w/ added butter, cinnamon, and Truvia
4. 1 apple with 2 tsp. natural peanut butter
5. A Quest Bar (my current obsession)
6. 1/2 avocado sprinkled with hemp hearts
7. 15 walnuts with a pear
8. Chocolate PB Dessert Shake
9. 1/2 cup raspberries with 2 tbsp. goat cheese
10. Turkey jerky (or beef)
11. Chopped chicken breast over a small salad w/ olive oil/lemon
12. 2 hardboiled, organic eggs
13. Protein pancake with sugar free syrup or Greek yogurt
14. 1/2 cup cottage cheese with 2 tsp. low sugar fruit jam
15. 15 macadamia nuts with 1/2 cup blueberries
16. 3/4 cup strawberries with slivered almonds
17. Protein fruit rollups (use a berry for the fruit so it’s less sugar)
18. 15 cashews with deli turkey
19. Atkins bar (also a favourite!)
20. 1/2 chicken or tuna salad
21. Veggies with hummus
22. Dill Kale Chips
24. 1/2 Greek yogurt with blackberries
25. Low carb pizza (made these with Mission tortillas) topped with marinara sauce, meat of choice, veggies, and cheese)
You might also like:
Got any low carb/low sugar snacks to add to the list?
You might like these recipes:
10 Responses to “25 Low Sugar Snacks”
Leave a comment...I'd love to hear from you!