We’re always making new versions of the classic No Bake Cheesecake. It’s one of our family’s favourite recipes, not just because it tastes amazing, but because it’s a fairly low calorie, high protein, low sugar, gluten free, and oh-so creamy. The other cool thing about this recipe is that there is actually no cream cheese in it. Lots of good things going for this one!
So here’s the latest and greatest…the No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake. Oh yah.
There’s just something about fresh strawberries that smacks of spring! Mmm…
This version is lower carb than the other versions. The base of the crust is made with nuts instead of the original graham crust. You can make a sweeter version with the addition of a few dates ground in as well. This dessert is quite low on the glycemic index, so that’s why I skipped out on the dates. This serves 12.
Strawberry No Bake Cheesecake
- 3 level tablespoons coconut oil
- 3/4 cup organic flaxseed, ground
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds or walnuts, ground
- 1 packet Truvia
- 2 envelopes Knox gelatin, unflavoured
- 1/2 cup tagatose sugar*
- 1/2 cup stevia in the raw
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 organic egg
- 1 cup almond milk
- 3 cups cottage cheese
- 2 cups strawberries, fresh
- 1 cup whipped cream**
*You can use organic sugar if you don’t have tagatose
**Cool whip is another option here
- Melt the coconut oil and mix in the flax seed, ground walnuts (or almonds), and the Truvia.
- Press mixture into the bottom of an 8 or 10” spring form pan. Set aside.
- For the filling, mix the gelatin with the tagatose, stevia, and salt.
- Add the egg and almond milk.
- Put the filling on medium heat until gelatin is dissolved and the mixture thickens a bit.
- Now put the cottage cheese in the blender and slowly add the above mixture. Mix until blended well.
- Add the strawberries until blended.
- Fold in whipped cream and put in pan over the crust.
- Chill until firm.
- To serve, top with fresh strawberries and some strawberry sauce. Enjoy!
Want to try the other healthy cheesecakes?
What no bake cheesecake flavour should we make next?
You might like these recipes:
22 Responses to “No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake”
Leave a comment...I'd love to hear from you!