I love learning what different fruits and veggies do for you, so when I found out some of the things that make beets so great I just had to share them with you (and a recipe!).
Besides, it’s Halloween just around the corner and this “Blood” juice would make a fabulously healthy way to start the day! Especially if you’re planning on eating junk food later…
Here’s some great reasons why we should eat (or drink) beets :
- They have cancer inhibiting properties
- That beautiful red colour is from a power anti-cancer inhibitor called betacyanin
- Increases white blood cells (our fighting cells)
- They are a great source of calcium
- It’s a blood purifier and detoxifier
- Promotes healthy, clear skin
- Good source of vitamin A, B6, and C
- Contains other fabulous nutrients such as iron, potassium, choline, folate, copper, magnesium, phosphorus, and tryptophan
- Good for treating anemia, poor circulation and exhaustion
Sounds pretty good to me!
This is a perfect juice for fall – the deep, rich colour is so beautiful! It looks just like blood…mwwwahahaha. (I’m not good at being creepy…so don’t worry. I’ll stop now.)
Beetiful Blood Juice
- 2 organic beets, small
- 1/2 organic cucumber
- 2 organic carrots
- Leaves from beets
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
Juice everything together. Add lemon juice and stir. Enjoy! It’s just what the doctor ordered.
Do you enjoy beets? What are your plans for Halloween?
You might like these recipes:
8 Responses to “Beetiful Blood Juice”
Leave a comment...I'd love to hear from you!