I don’t know about you, but I am not a morning person. However, it must be in the genes, because my whole family are night owls. Most days it’s pretty much midnight. We’re just night people and that’s what we like.
However, I’m going to school next month to get my CPT and in order for me to get to college on time (I have to drive a ways), I will have to get up ridiculously early to get to classes. Seeing me early in the morning you’d think I was in shell-shock, so I decided that for the month of August I would change.
Every week I’ve been getting up half an hour earlier. This gives my body one week to adjust to the new time before I get up a half an hour earlier the following week. So far, it’s been going good. I’m going to be a morning person if it kills me! I’m now down to getting up at 7:30 and I know that’s going to sound lame to you morning people, but when you go to bed in the wee morning hours, this is an accomplishment! Trust me.
(follow me on Instagram: colourfulpalate)
The tricky part is going to bed early. Somehow I have this idea that I can still stay up late and get up early; however, I’m learning this doesn’t really work. Nope.
I’ll get it though. I still have 3 weeks to completely evolve myself into a bubbly, bouncing morning person. Okay. Just a morning person.
Here are some tips for any of you who are like me (i.e. hopeless night owls):
- Don’t drink anything with caffeine before bed – you want to sleep as quickly as possible
- Prepare the night before – set out your clothes, running shoes, a big glass of water, ect
- Set your alarm to a happy song – morning good mood here we come!
- Put your alarm on the other side of the room – then you have to get OUT of bed to shut it off
- GET UP (don’t think about it!) and drink 1 tall glass of water – this gets your system going and tells your body that you’re awake
- Do a quick workout to get your body awake – you might want to try my Wake Up Call Workout!
Hope those tips help and seriously, if you have any tips for me I’d LOVE to hear them! So comment below!
Want to keep updated with Colourful Palate? Subscribe here!
Are you a morning person? Got any tips for me?
36 Responses to “Project Morning Person”
Leave a comment...I'd love to hear from you!