I promised you that in my next post I would share my newest protein pancake recipe. Honestly, when I tried it…it felt like I was having a warm, chocolate-chip cookie from the oven. With the addition of some whipped cream and chocolate sauce I felt like I was in heaven.What better way to start Valentine’s breakfast with? It’s great because it’s very filling, tastes like dessert, got some great fiber, and over 17 grams of protein! Bring it! Serves 1.
Heart Protein Pancakes
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup oats, ground
- 2 tsp. flaxseed, ground
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla
- 1 packet Truvia (or 1 tsp. organic sugar)
- 2 heaping tbsp. plain yogurt
- 2 tsp. dark chocolate chips
I just ground some old-fashioned oats in the blender and then mixed all the ingredients together in a bowl. Spoon it out into a heart-shape on a heated, non-stick frying pan (spritzed with olive oil).
I didn’t time the recipe (oops), but you just kind of watch it until the one side is done and then flip it. (wow, sorry…that was an explanation for like…a four-year old) I believe you can figure it out. (grin)
Once it’s done, make it even more delicious looking. From this…
To this. Give me that fork!
I added some prettiness with the whipped cream and then drizzled some of this healthy chocolate sauce over top. You can also do a bunch of mini hearts instead of one large pancake, which would be really cute.
The best protein pancake I’ve had…so far. I’m always making new variations.
Nutritional Info: Cals: 243, Fat: 6.5g, Sodium: 195mg, Carbs: 27g, Fiber: 4.5, Sugars: 7g, Protein: 17.5g
- What’s your favourite drink? I am boring. I like water and chocolate almond milk.
- Would you consider yourself shy or outgoing? There’s very little that’s shy about me. I actually wish sometimes that I had a quieter personality.
- What’s your profession? Singer. Blogging and recipe-creating are secondary.
- How would you describe your style? Layers, lots of layers. I also love bright colours and wearing black.
- 5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? Run really fast…on second thought, I’d rather fly.
- What’s one makeup product you can’t live without? One? What’s impossible is that I’d choose just one.
Would you consider yourself to be – shy or outgoing? What’s your favourite drink?
You might like these recipes:
16 Responses to “Heart Protein Pancakes”
Leave a comment...I'd love to hear from you!