I’m wearing pink today. Yesterday I wore red.
‘Tis the season.
There’s something about Valentine’s that I really love. I think it has something to do with one of my favourite family traditions. At Valentine’s Day dinner, we give each other chocolate and special notes that tell how much we care about one another. It’s always so meaningful.
Okay, I admit it…I’m also kind of obsessed about the ridiculous amount of chocolate involved.
You guys know that a favourite dessert in this house is the No-Bake Cheescakes we make. We’ve made a lot of different variations – including a creamy, vanilla cheesecake…
…and a blueberry cheesecake!
I’m crazy about both of those…but I have to say I’ve found a new favourite!
The No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake!
Delicious, creamy, low calorie, healthy, protein packed, and once again…without any cream cheese! Everything is better in chocolate! This would be a perfect dessert for your Valentine’s dinner! Serves 12.
No Bake Chocolate Cheescake
- 2 envelopes Knox unflavoured gelatine
- ½ cup organic sugar
- ½ cup Stevia in the Raw
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 1 cup almond milk*
- 2 organic eggs, separated
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 big tbsp. cocoa
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla
- 3 cups cottage cheese, creamed
- ½ cup whipped cream
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Graham crumbs
- Chocolate chunks, sprinkles, or gratings
- Mix the gelatin, sugar, stevia in the raw, and the salt together in a saucepan.
- Add the almond milk and 2 egg yolks. Put on low heat until the gelatine is dissolved and the mixture thickens.
- Add the chocolate chips and the cocoa. Take off heat and let cool a bit. Add the vanilla.
- Put the cottage cheese in blender and add chocolate mixture. Blend till smooth.
- In another bowl, beat the 2 egg whites. Fold in the rest of the mixture. Fold in the whipped cream.
- Fold in the chocolate chips/bits.
- Lightly oil (try coconut oil) a spring form pan and sprinkle a light layer of graham crumbs on top. (For a more decadent twist, you could use Oreo crumbs…after all, it is Valentines!)
- Pour the mixture into the pan and chill overnight.
If you want more chocolate goodness, drizzle some of this healthy chocolate sauce on each slice in a zig-zag pattern!
Nutritional Info (per serving): Cals: 204, Fat: 10.5g, Sugars: 15g, Fibre: 1g, Carbs: 18.5g
Note: Nutritional info will vary depending on what kind cottage cheese you use or what sort of chocolate you pick…but it should be close.
We actually used chopped up dark truffles instead of chocolate chips…this made it extra decadent!
Just a heads up…sorry I didn’t get my next workout last week. I’ll try to have one up soon! Life has been extra crazy now…with studying and a new online venture I’m on (I’ll tell you about it soon!).
Happy Valentines week!
What are you doing for Valentine’s Day? Do you wear red/pink on Valentines?
You might like these recipes:
15 Responses to “No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake”
Leave a comment...I'd love to hear from you!