Frozen yogurt, how I love you! Let me count the ways.
Seriously, I’m such a creamy dessert kind of gal. I’m not crazy about cake or cookies (exception: chocolate kinds). I’m all about the mousse, pudding, ice-cream, whipped topping, rice pudding, and frozen yogurt!Especially frozen yogurt. The store bought stuff tastes amazing, not gonna lie, but I don’t like all the extra stuff in it that makes it just as unhealthy as store bought ice-cream. Artificial flavourings, preservatives, high-fructose glucose…those don’t sound nice at all.
I typically try to avoid carbs in the evening, as well as sugar, so I’ve come up with lots of simple dessert ideas to nip that sweet tooth in the bud!
This is my favourite quick recipe! It’s so simple; it really shouldn’t even be called a recipe. It’s also great for a healthy sweet snack or for recovery after a tough workout. I really love to use Greek yogurt to up the protein!
Basic Instant Frozen Yogurt
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt*
- 3-4 packets Truvia**
- 1 tbsp dark chocolate chips
*I often use a thick-style of Balkan yogurt if we don’t have Greek.
**I used NuStevia as well, but only up to ¾ of one packet…it’s a LOT sweeter!
Just put the ingredients in a bowl and stir. Add just enough Truvia until it’s as sweet as you like it. Now pop it into your freezer for maybe a half of an hour (ish) and just give it one or two stirs when you pass by the freezer. Once you take it out, it should have an ice-cream consistency. Serves 1.
Want a bite? You know you do!
Nutritional Info*: Cals: 165, Fat: 13g, Sodium: 70mg, Carbs: 10g, Sugars: 9g, Protein: 4.5g
*This totally varies depending on what Greek yogurt you use. The kind I like using has over 10g of protein per serving!
The folks over at Bliss have been having different challenges for several weeks now. I’ve participated in one challenge, but I thought it might be fun to join in on their “Week 6” challenge. This week it’s to share 5 things that readers might not know about me…
So, just for fun, here they are!
1. I don’t mind seeing it, but I hate it when people talk about blood or needles. I’m not squeamish, but this sort of does something to me!
2. I want one of those tiny, teacup type dogs. Yes, they are completely useless, but I think they are adorable!
3. Change is something I’m not afraid of. I adapt pretty easily to new things.
4. I am Christian and the Lord Jesus gives me fulfillment and a joy-filled existence. I truly couldn’t ask for a better life!
(picture also via Pinterest – just love this!)
5. I’m still just as crazy about frozen yogurt as when I started writing this post. (duh) Last night I made an amaaazing chocolate chocolate chip version! I might just share it with you sometime! (grin)
I’d love to hear 5 things about you too! Simply comment below…I love reading your comments! You all make my day every day!
Do you like frozen yogurt or ice-cream better?
You might like these recipes:
23 Responses to “Instant Frozen Yogurt”
Leave a comment...I'd love to hear from you!