Yes. That is how I look when we travel. I loooove having the window open and my hair will probably knotted for days. Its worth it…I love a fresh, warm breeze in my face.
I can’t believe we’re officially on our way (and have been for the last five days)! I can’t ever describe in words how much I love traveling…seeing new country, smelling the scent of harvest drift through the open windows as we drive, meeting wonderful, open hearted people, tasting new foods, and enjoying the diversity of God’s creation! It’s beautiful. Singing for a living is the way to go.
With lots of snacking in between. Lots.
So what healthy eats are we munching on?
Here’s a list of my absolute favourite snacks that I brought:
- Apple chips (pictured) I LOVE these…they are delicious when you’re craving something crunchy like chips…actually, they’re delicious all the time.
- Sweet Potato Chips by Food Should Taste Good - I won these in a giveaway from Carissa at Fit2Flex and we all gobbled them up. They never had a chance.
- Big, fat, juicy apples and peanut butter to dip them in (peanut butter is very close to my heart…maybe that’s why I love this blog so much)
- Hard boiled eggs – this is such a brilliant idea! At 7-8grams of protein an egg…it’s a great way for me to still get my protein in!
- Peanut Butter LaraBars – in LOVE with these
- Seafood Snacks – this brand you can buy pretty much anywhere. They’re little tin packets with herring fillets in them and they come in all sorts of flavours (lemon & cracked pepper, smoked, hot pepper, ect). I am crazy about them because they’re 16-17g protein and taste amazing. Oh, and they’re cheap.
- Emergen-C – gotta keep healthy! Fizzy and fun…it’s like a mini pop fix!
- Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chia Seed Bars (Yummers!) that Health Warrior sent me! (Thanks guys!)
- Truvia - you know how much I love this (since I use it in a ton of my recipes). I love sticking a few packets in my purse for sweetening a coffee or lemon water at a restaurant (instant lemonade!). Never use those evil blue & pink packets!
- Trail Mix (here’s my recipe!)
- Homemade Lara Bars (recipe coming SOON!)
Hope you enjoyed my little list of goodies…now I am off to bed. Hotel sweet hotel. (and no, for those of you who follow me on Twitter…it did not have a pool OR workout room…ridiculous…but I didn’t have time to do that AND blog, so that’s okay!)
Oh, and share your much-loved/unique travel snacks in the comment section and I’ll see if I can try them sometime during my trip! Get really creative and I may put up your ideas in a future post.
You might like these recipes:
8 Responses to “Healthy Snacks for Traveling”
Leave a comment...I'd love to hear from you!